Few updates on our progress.
- May 2013 - Established
- July 2013 - Instructors qualified
- August 2013 - First public training
- March 2014 - Working with the BHF we added practical AED/Defibrillators. Although included on the course it is done by ourselves and not part of the standard Heartstart course. Again one of the few schemes to do this.
- June 2014 - obtained our own live AED.
- October 2014 - Installed our first Public Access Defibrillator at Henwick, Thatcham.
- December 2014 - Ran Santas Grotto at Thatcham Christmas lights.
- January 2015 - Installed our first AED in a school.
- Early 2015 - Delivered our first CPR/AED training session.
- May 2015 - Awarded Gold Civic Award by Thatcham Town Council.
- June 2015 - Became a registered charity.
- January 2016 - First defibrillator placed in Bucklebury.
- April 2016 - 21st defibrillator placed.
- June 2016 - Placed a defibrillator at Newbury train station.
- July 2016 - Thatcham Youth became first group to be taught new course, Call Push Rescue by Heartstart Thatcham. We believe we are the first Heartstart scheme to do this and have done so working with the BHF.
- January 2017 - Out and About magazine do a feature on Heartstart Thatcham.
- April 2017 - Chris Rands and Karen West both run marathons to help us raise funds for more training and defibrillators.
Coming to June 2017 we have placed 42 defibrillators, the team have actually installed 37 of them ourselves, and have another one waiting installation and 5 on order. We aim to break 50 defibrillators by October which will mark 3 years of installing them.
Training wise we will pass the 1000 trained during June or July. That is 1000 extra people who could, potentially, save a life. We have lost count of the number of people we have given talks to, either at public events, private talks or educational visits to the local schools. Possibly thousands and that is ignoring the countless articles and radio interviews too. Please ignore the Thatcham in Heartstart Thatcham, we have covered Newbury, Donnington, Greenham, Crookham, Calcot, Theale, Aldworth, Basingstoke, etc..., and are a registered charity which is completely, 100%, volunteers.